Guest Services Associate (1)
Definition of Position
The Guest Services Associate 1 is responsible for creating a welcoming and hospitable environment, responding to the needs of guests in a manner that supports the mission, values and vision of Mercy by the Sea.
The Guest Services Associate, along with the team, is accountable to the Executive Director.
College Degree preferred with experience in business and/or hospitality.
Skills may include but not be limited to: effective written and oral communications, excellent computer and technological competencies, highly efficient organizational skills and excellent customer relations.
- Contributes to the creation of a welcoming, compassionate, inclusive and caring experience for guests of Mercy by the Sea and affiliates.
- Manages Hosted Groups from initial contact throughout the reservation process, onsite stay, including client follow up. Administrative responsibilities include accurate documentation in Retreat Manager software, and the timely management of all program payments.
- Provides oversight and direction to all departments in providing and maintaining that the guests have a positive experience. This includes effectively collaborating with Kitchen, Housekeeping and Maintenance staff.
- Demonstrates a good understanding and adherence to Mercy by the Sea philosophies, finance policies, objectives and procedures.
- Collaboratively coordinates with the Program Department scheduling to ensure optimal room, space and calendar planning.
- Works as a team with the Guest Services Associate to ensure the needs of the department which includes interdependencies with other departments are being met in a timely manner.
- Provides all materials to enhance and complement guests' stay at Mercy by the Sea.
- Requires schedule flexibility, with some weekend hours.
- Accurately tracks payments and bills guests as necessary.
- Work as a team with Guest Services colleague in coordinating the scheduling and review of guest needs and requests.
- Plan, develop and communicate daily routines for guest services, staff and volunteers.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to organizational finance policies and procedures regarding credit, check-cashing and cash-handling.
- Assists with other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sr. Anne Curtis, RSM at email@example.com. No phone calls please.