Programs & Retreats
Mercy by the Sea’s programs are designed to be as experiential as they are contemplative, and to appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. They offer opportunities to slow down and embrace silence, reconnect with a deeper reality and encourage exploration of our deepest longings and creative imagination.
JOIN US FROM HOME
For those who aren't able to come to our beautiful sea-side grounds, we aim to bring it's spirit of peacefulness to you at home through programming you can participate in online.
- Wandering Radiance - Selected Poems of Hilde Domin | Rev. Mark S. Burrows, Ph.D. | April 2, 2023
- With Marvelous Melody of Endless Love: Finding Wholeness in the Midst of it All | Rev. Mark S. Burrows, Ph.D. | May 13, 2023
COME FOR THE DAY
Come and join us for a few hours or for the day by participating in one of our programs. We understand contemplation and action to be complementary and necessary to personal and societal transformation. Thus, as a sponsored work of the Sisters of Mercy of the Northeast since 1974, the Center’s programming is grounded in the community’s tradition of discerning and serving critical unmet needs of its particular time and place.
- Tai Chi by the Sea | Dennis McCann | Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Men's Sunrise Group | The 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- Men's Breakfast Group | The 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- Men's Peer Group | The 3rd Thursday of the month at 8:00 a.m.
- Book Circle | Karin Nobile | 3rd Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m.
- Current Art Gallery Exhibit | From this date to this date
- Day Visits | Link to a page on Day Visits - how and when they are available if we decide to implement this idea.
STAY WITH US
Stay with us for an extended time for a Retreat at our beautiful sea-side property. Retreats allow us to withdraw from the busyness of life in order to reflect on and deepen our relationship with God. Mercy by the Sea offers retreats which facilitate this end in a variety of ways based on the particular retreat you choose. Take a look at the various offerings we currently have and find the right fit for you.
- Healing Loss Through Conscious Grieving and Writing | Lisa Irish | March 10 - 12
- Presence, Prayer, and Writing from the Heart: Weekend Program | Anne Simpkinson | March 17 - 19
- Triduum Retreat: Holy Thursday through Easter Sunday | Mercy by the Sea Staff and Fr. Joseph Donnelly | April 6 - 9, 2023
- Living Resistance: An Indigenous Vision for Seeking Wholeness Every Day | Kaitlin B. Curtice | April 21 - 23
- Summer Sabbath: Choose Happiness | with Andrea Minelli and Carol Villaggio | July 30 - August 6 (Week 1) and August 6 - 11 (Week 2)
- Zen Christian Spirit: An Interfaith Retreat | Roshi Robert E. Kennedy, SJ | August 13 - 19, 2023
- Spring Sabbatical 2024 | March 17 - May 5, 2024