The Mercy by the Sea campus, 33 beautiful acres of waterfront property, is located along Long Island Sound in Madison, Connecticut. The grounds consist of five different natural and man-made areas; namely,
- A sandy beach ideal for quiet reflection, strolling or seashell gathering
- Landscaped areas, consisting of lawns, shrubbery, flower and vegetable gardens, and a labyrinth
- Woodlands, with a host of native and non-native trees, hardy underbrush, wild plants and seedlings, and a short trail
- A small forested wetlands area initially created by the last glacier
- Buildings which contain guest rooms; meeting rooms for Center programs as well as hosted events and local groups; chapel; art gallery; dining room and silent sitting areas where one can read, relax, pray, meditate or simply gaze upon the waters of the Sound.
Additionally, the grounds are home to a variety of wildlife including groundhog families, woodpeckers, shorebirds, songbirds, raptors, fox, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels and other small woodland creatures.
It is an ideal spot to come to relax, pray, watch wildlife, walk, reflect, and feel the peace and calm that nature offers. It’s also a safe environment to explore your inner world, set a transformative experience in motion and deepen one’s relationship with God.