Mercy by the Sea's campus comprises 33 beautiful acres of waterfront property along Long Island Sound in Madison, Connecticut. The grounds include five different natural and man-made areas:
- A sandy beach ideal for quiet reflection, strolling or seashell gathering.
- Landscaped areas, consisting of lawns, shrubbery, flower and vegetable gardens, and a labyrinth.
- Woodlands with a host of native and non-native trees, hardy underbrush, wild plants and seedlings, and a short trail.
- A small forested wetlands area.
- Several building which include: guest rooms; meeting rooms for groups; a chapel; art gallery; dining room; and silent sitting areas where one can read, relax, pray, meditate or simply gaze at the water.
The grounds are also home to a variety of wildlife including groundhogs, woodpeckers, shorebirds, songbirds, raptors, fox, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels and other small woodland creatures.
At Mercy you can come to relax, pray, watch wildlife, walk, reflect, and feel the peace and calm that nature offers. It’s also a safe environment to explore your inner world, set a transformative experience in motion and deepen one’s relationship with God.