Goods and Services
The vision of Mercy by the Sea is to nurture a relationship with the Sacred in self, others and creation that seeks to foster a just and compassionate world.
Mercy by the Sea involves many people, a 33-acre multi-building campus and a diverse ecology. We offer the following opportunities for those who would like to support our vision and mission in the areas of facility and environment with a gift of goods and services.
The purpose of hospitality “is not to change people, but to offer them a space where change can take place.”
- Henry Nouwen
Our facility allows Mercy to provide a welcoming space and a compassionate presence to all who enter; meeting each one exactly as they are from their longings, tears and prayers that permeate our walls. You can assure Mercy’s sustainability by providing support to
- Assure comfort through new furniture for our Tower Room, outdoor patio and the Seascape Living Room
- Build communication ease and capacity; e.g., campus-wide technology and telephone system upgrade
- Foster safety of movement; e.g., re-carpeting the main house
"Wholeness consists of coming back into relationship with what is deepest in all things; that is,
the of-Godness at the heart of the earth and all life forms and all people." - John Philip Newell
Our ecology is unique and enables all to relax, pray, watch wildlife, walk, reflect and feel the peace and calm that nature offers. It’s also a safe environment to explore your inner world, set a transformative experience in motion and deepen one’s relationship with God. You can assure Mercy’s sustainability by providing
- Erosion abatement support for our beach
- Expert tree trimming services
- Additional solar panels
- Renovation of our historic greenhouse
- Volunteer Gardeners to support and work with our Master Gardeners
We pray that all will join us and actively seek to bring the vision of Mercy by the Sea to life.
Please contact Patty Dowling, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.245.0401, ext. 106.